I think many people want to keep your kitchen clean for the health of your family members.
However, often it takes long to clean the kitchen.
Today, I’m introducing ways to clean kitchen more easily.
I’m focusing on the five parts that are easy to get dirty but is necessary to be cleaned; around stoves, a fan, a cupboard, a sink, and a floor and a wall in the kitchen.
１. Before starting to clean your kitchen
Before cleaning, it’s nice to open a window or switch on a fan for ventilation for a while.
Decreasing humidity and removing dusts in the air helps clean your kitchen more effectively.
２. Around stoves
* Stove grates
– Run hot water (35-40℃) in a sink, and dissolve neutral detergent in the sink
– Soak stove grates for 5-10 minutes
– When some dirt is coming on the surface of the water, rub them with a sponge and cleanser
– Rinse dry them well
There are many types of cleanser at a store, so you can choose the most suitable one for you.
Here, I recommend one;
Refer to the site: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0012OTR20/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=247&creative=1211&creativeASIN=B0012OTR20&linkCode=as2&tag=yajibee-22
The cleanser, mixed with sodium bicarbonate which has polishing effect and orange extract which works well to remove oil dirt, will help you a lot with high detergency and good scent!
* Burner cap
– Insert a bamboo skewer and clean the inside of a burner cap
* Top plate
– Add some neutral detergent for kitchen, and polish it with soft cloth or a sponge in a circle motion
– Wipe with wet cloth first and then dry cloth
* Fish oven
– Just after using a fish oven, add neutral detergent for kitchen and clean it with hot water
– Rinse it under running water
３. A fan
Before you start cleaning a fan, pull the plug so that it doesn’t start working.
Then separate the parts of the fan.
There are mainly two types of fans, and the way to separate each fan is different.
* Sirocco fan
– Raise a handle and pull it toward you to take a filter off from the fan
– Loosen a screw and slide down the cover of the blade to take off
– Rotate a knob to remove the blade
* Propeller fan
– Raise a handle and pull it toward you to take a filter off from the fan
– Hold one hand against the fan and remove a knob to take off the blade
– Pull the lower part of the fan cover toward you and remove the tab on the upper part of the fan
Moving on to the ways to clean the parts you have taken off from the fan!
The way to clean them is the same regardless of the types of the fans.
– Add neutral detergent for kitchen to cloth and rub a range hood
Here, this cleaning sheet is very helpful to remove sticky oil dirts!
Refer to the site: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/cocochi11/fj-05?scid=af_pc_etc&sc2id=af_101_0_0
– Soak a filter and a fan in little warm water in which neutral detergent is dissolved
– Rub the filter along its weave pattern with a sponge or a toothbrush
– Clean the fan with a scrubbing brush not too hard
– Wipe and dry them completely, and put them in right places again
– Add diluted neutral detergent to a cloth and wipe cupboard doors with it
– Rub off the detergent thoroughly with a wet cloth which is wrung out, then with a dry cloth to remove moisture on them
– Put neutral detergent on them, and clean off dirt with a wet cloth which is wrung out
* Inside the cupboard
– Take out all things in the cupboard
– Add neutral detergent to a wet cloth which is wrung out, and clean the inside of the cupboard with it
– Rub the inside with a wet cloth, then with a dry cloth
The ways to clean it is different depending on the material it is made of.
* Stainless-steel sink
– Add neutral detergent to a sponge and clean off dirt on the sink along parallel grooves
– Rinse it off well and wipe water off the surface of the sink
You can use sodium bicarbonate and vinegar to clean a sink.
The way to do it is;
– Add some industrial sodium bicarbonate powder to a sponge and rub the sink with it
– Sprinkle vinegar on it so that carbon-rich gas generates
– Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it with little warm water
If you are not good at the smell of vinegar, it’s nice to use!
It is the detergent that is made with sodium bicarbonate and vinegar, and it doesn’t have the smell!
You need to pay attention not to use chlorine bleaching agent, which makes stainless-steel things rusty.
And you should use a soft sponge to clean it, otherwise, it got scratched.
Refer to the site: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00BF8CRMU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=247&creative=1211&creativeASIN=B00BF8CRMU&linkCode=as2&tag=yajibee-22
* Resinous sink
– Add neutral detergent to a sponge and rub the sink in a round motion
– Rinse it well
Here you can use sodium bicarbonate and vinegar as well.
* Enameled sink
– Add neutral detergent to a soft sponge or cloth and rub the sink.
You must not use either acid and chloric detergent or powder cleanser. Enameled sink is easy to get scratches from these detergents!
– Rinse it completely
* A drain of a sink
– Remove a splash guard from a drain and clean it with a wet sponge that neutral detergent is added to
– Clean a garbage receiving basket with the sponge and then with an old toothbrush
– Clean a drain trap with the toothbrush
– Rinse them under running water until the detergent and dirt are off
For those who want to clean the inside of a drain pipe, this pump is highly recommended!
Refer to the site: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00HWJZ0OS/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=247&creative=1211&creativeASIN=B00HWJZ0OS&linkCode=as2&tag=yajibee-22
It doesn’t need electricity, but is enough powerful to get rid of the dirt in the pipe!
6. Floor and Wall
Indeed, a floor and a wall have oil dirt that comes from cooking, even though it’s not clearly seen.
Here, sodium bicarbonate water really works well to clean off the dirt!
Prepare water in which sodium bicarbonate is dissolved, and spray the floor or the wall with it, and rub them with a cloth!
Don’t forget to make them dry with a dry cloth after cleaning with sodium bicarbonate water.
If you leave oil dirt on the floor or the wall for a while, you need a special cleaning process;
– Put sheets of kitchen paper on the floor or the wall that has oil dirt, and spray it with sodium bicarbonate water
– Cover it by wrap not to make it dry, and leave it for about 10 minutes
– Remove the wrap and the kitchen paper, and rub with a wet cloth where the oil dirt is
– Wipe moisture on the floor or the wall with a dry cloth
7. Can we use sodium bicarbonate spray when to clean things around kitchen?
Yes, you can!
Actually, sodium bicarbonate spray is very useful when you clean your kitchen.
This is because most of dirt around kitchen stems from oil, acid dirt, and sodium bicarbonate, alkali substance, is good at removing the acid oil dirt!
In addition, sodium bicarbonate is a natural substance, which is safe to use around kitchen with many foods.
8. The way to keep a kitchen clean
When you finish cleaning your kitchen, you may think you want to keep the kitchen clean.
Here are some tips to do it;
– Clean off dirt as soon as possible
In particular, oil dirt around stoves and a microwave should be cleaned off with a wet cloth or some cleaning sheets before it gets cold.
It’s nice to remove moisture on a sink with a dry cloth right after you finish washing dishes to keep it clean.
– Not put too many things around kitchen
A kitchen with too many things is not easy to be cleaned and is easy to get humid, which causes to have dirt and get moldy more easily.
So, put things at minimum around your kitchen to keep it clean!
How was it?
I hope you clean your kitchen more easily, and have a cleaner kitchen!